Would you like Dr. Mark E. Shaw to teach at your church or organization? He has taught in churches and ministries worldwide including Europe, Asia, Africa, and multiple locations in the U.S.
Call Ronny at 205-910-0085 or email email@example.com for more information on requesting Dr. Shaw to teach and train for your ministry or organization.
- Addiction-Proof Parenting: Understand how a four year old can learn to think like an enslaved drug addict and how parents can help children to learn to think like Christ.
- Applying Faith to Cutters & Self-injurers: Learn how to biblically counsel self-injurers.
- Battling Cell Phone, Videogame, TV, and Internet “Addiction”: Learn the biblical approach to counsel those who struggle with what the world calls an “addiction” but is personal choice.
- Co-Counseling: Working Effectively with a Partner: Learn about the many strengths and few weaknesses of the team model for biblical counseling. Discover a new way to counsel for your protection, for the counselee’s benefit, and for the glory of Christ.
- Divine Intervention: Hope and Help for Families of Addicts: How does a family intervene to help an “addict”? What resources are available to them and how do they speak the truth in love to their “addicted” loved one.
- Family Issues in Addiction: Understand how family dynamics work when someone is “addicted” and how to counsel family members to walk by faith and not sight.
- The Heart of Addiction: Is “addiction” really a disease? Learn the basics about helping someone struggling with life-dominating sin.
- Just One More- The Heart of a Gambler: Understand how to help those who are being poor stewards of the resources God has given them.
- Key Passages for Counseling Addicts: What are the key passages you must know to counsel those struggling with the life-dominating sins of addiction? Learn how the sufficient Word of God can be maximized to help an “addict” you will counsel.
- The Mind of an Addict: Learn how an “addict” thinks and how to replace that maladaptive thinking with biblical truth. Identify five mentalities to put off and five replacement mentalities to put on when you work with “addicts.”
- Relapse Prevention– the Fruit of Repentance: When an “addict” repents, you will know it. Learn how to identify the fruits of repentance found only in an abiding relationship with Christ.
More topics on which Dr. Shaw teaches:
- Addiction Programs and Disciple-Making in the Local Church
- Biblical Insights into Addiction
- Biblical Parenting
- Biblical Principles of Sex
- Comparison of Counseling Philosophies
- Counseling Addicts
- Counseling those from Sexual, Verbal, & Physical Abuse
- Counseling Those Struggling With Sexual Sins
- Eating Disorders: Hope for Hungering Souls
- Family Issues in Addiction
- Fear and Worry
- Four “L’s” of Biblical Counseling
- Forgiveness and Repentance
- Hope and Help for Marriage
- Guilt and Forgiveness
- Homework–How to Use Biblical Resources in Counseling
- How to Counsel the Different Types of Addiction
- Hope and Help for Men as Husbands and Fathers
- Idolatry of Addiction
- Interventions (and Divine Intervention)
- Is Addiction Really a Disease?
- Overview of Addictions
- The Practical Process of Change – 2 Peter 1:3-9; 2 Tim 3:16-17, Romans 6:1-18
- The Pursuit of Perfection
- Understanding Temptation: The War Within Your Heart
- What Makes Biblical Counseling Biblical?
- Why Counsel?
Travel expenses plus an honorarium made out to Truth in Love Ministries are suggested.