- Surgeon General Advisory Warning Issued - Until this past week, it had been 13 years since the last Surgeon General warning. That one had to do with pregnancy and drinking alcohol. The advisory this week encourages those taking opioid prescriptions and friends/family of those who take those prescriptions to carry naloxone, an overdose-reversing drug. But will this advisory help? I guess it does raise awareness of […]
- The Florida Shuffle – Rehab Scams - For years, I have been hearing about all of the fraudulent activity in Florida rehab programs. Many of the sober living homes in parts of Florida were not interested in sobriety but relapse. Treatment programs are high priced even for those who have to repeat the programs that often don’t work. Drug screens are high priced. It is a billion […]
- Involuntary Commitments to Treatment? - What an interesting concept being considered in New Jersey right now: involuntary commitments for addicts who need to go to treatment but are resistant to enter a program. With 2,221 drug overdose deaths in 2016, New Jersey government leaders are contemplating involuntary placements for addicted people. In the past, substance abuse has not been a qualifying condition for involuntary placements […]
- Prince, Fentanyl, and The Church - I could write a blog or two every single day about someone somewhere who has accidentally overdosed on opioids because of the alarming rates of accidental overdose deaths (note: these are not suicides but accidental deaths due to taking too much of a drug). On the same day that my blog entitled “Gospel Hope for an Epidemic” was posted on the Biblical […]
- Happy 10th Anniversary! - March 28, 2008, was a day I will never forget. We started counseling as Truth in Love Ministries (TIL) on that day with Dr. Jeff Young and Dr. Judy Jones co-counseling with me in two cases at Philadelphia Baptist Church on a Friday afternoon. Those two cases changed my life and the lives of many others. Over time, two persons […]
- Dr. Mark Shaw Podcast with the Biblical Counseling Coalition - Dr. Mark E. Shaw had the opportunity to be interviewed by Curtis Solomon via the Biblical Counseling Coalition Podcast.Curtis and Mark had a fascinating video discussion of biblical counseling and addictions and covered a lot of ground in this 35 minute or so video: 3 basic heart issues in the struggle to overcome any sin in our lives (these are […]
- Colts Linebacker Dies: Victim of a Drunk Driver - On Super Bowl Sunday, a day the NFL celebrates its sport by naming a season champion, the league grieves a tragic loss of life to one of its players. This time, the tragedy hit close to home for me. The issue of drunkenness is again a source of sorrow for the county I live in: Marion County. The victims who […]
- IMPD Arrests 2 in Wheeler Incident - The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department deserves our praise for their continued hard work and sacrifice for the citizens of Indy. Today, they made 2 arrests in the Wheeler Mission incident that saw over 20 people overdose on bath salts/spice/Flakka. We are thankful for the work the police does to enforce the law when dealing with drug dealers. They have a […]
- Wheeler Mission here in Indy has 17 overdoses ON SITE - I appreciate the work Wheeler Mission does in trying to help the homeless and addicted. It is hard work. Yet it was sad to read that 17 persons (7 in the facility, 10 outside of it, but all in the program) recently used spice/Flakka/bath salts and overdosed. I will have more to say about it later but it is enormously […]
- The Only Hope for Addiction - As a Christian ministry to addicts, The Redemption House wrote a blog post, entitled Addicts: Cross Addiction is Your Only Hope, to point addicts to their only source of hope: Jesus Christ. Read it here! Heart Change is the answer to the growing problem of addiction. We want to see addicts realize their sin and need for a Savior and […]
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Truth in Love Ministries, Inc., All rights reserved.
Website hosted, designed, and maintained by Koehler Cyber Cafe, Inc.