April 28-29, 2017
May 5-6, 2017
Granberry, Texas, Parenting Conference
June 22-24, 2017
Institute for Biblical Counseling and Discipleship
Addictions: Grace for the Journey
with keynote speakers Mark E. Shaw, Ed Welch, Charles Hodges, and Jim Newheiser
July 27-29, 2017 Brazil, Association of Biblical Counselors of Brazil
February 12-17, 2017, Faith Church, Lafayette, IN, Biblical Counseling Training Conference
March1-4, 2017, Overseas Instruction in Counseling, Egypt
Oct 3-5, 2016 ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors) Annual Conference
Oct 14-15, 2016 West Virginia with Chris Moles, Author of The Heart of Domestic Abuse
2014 Training Dates
Come to American Academy of Biblical Counselors first annual conference in Fairview Heights, IL on April 24-26, 2014! Learn how to address family issues biblically. You’ll hear from Howard Eyrich, David Tyler, Mark Shaw, Bill Hines, and many more!
View some of past training locations
Attend the Counter Culture Conference at Avondale Baptist Church, Kansas City, MO on March 20-22, 2014! Come for practical teaching of God’s Word.
Attend the NEXT CTAC Training at the IABC Regional Conference at Faith Fellowship Church, Clarence, NY [HEART Conference] Friday, January 24, 2014 6:00pm – 8:30pm & Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:00am – 4:00pm
Attend the Annual BCTC at Faith Church, Lafayette, IN, February 9-14, 2014
~~~~~~~~~archived calendar below this line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final 2013 Dates and Locations:
IABC NATIONAL CONFERENCE: August 1-3 Denver, CO – www.iabc.net
NANC NATIONAL CONFERENCE: October 7-9 Prattville, AL – www.nanc.org
TAC NATIONAL CONFERENCE: October 17-19 Buffalo, NY – www.theaddictionconnection.org
Timisoara, Romania: November 8-9 Team Counseling Training at Areopagus
Timisoara, Romania: November 10-11 Counseling the Abused at the Butterfly Center – www.bridgetoeurope.org
Past Teaching dates in 2013:
- Ft. Myers, FL Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Mark will be teaching on addictions
- Sylacauga, AL March 8-9, 2013 Contact them to pre-register for this conference on bullying, domestic violence, and suicide at: Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 410 W 10th Street, Sylacauga, AL 35150. Contact Sister Janet Lawson (256) 249-8494
- Clarence, NY Thursday March 14 – Saturday March 16, 2013
Faith Fellowship Biblical Counseling Center, Clarence, NY
Mark and Mary will both present workshops at this IABC Regional Conference.
- St. Petersburg, Russia with Overseas Instruction in Counseling April 11-26, 2013
- Kemerovo, Siberia with Overseas Instruction in Counseling (Check out our blog post about this amazing opportunity!)
- Ongoing “Conversational Counseling” Class at Bethel Baptist Church in Moody, AL (Sunday evenings: “Disciple U”) Contact Bethel for more info: www.bethelnet.com
ARCHIVED Calendar Below this line
September 2012 Update:
2012 has proven thus far to be a productive year of ministry for TIL by God’s grace!
The rest of the year and into the next has Mark teaching and speaking engagements in:
- Cleveland, OH, at an Addictions Task Force meeting in the community of Chardon (suburbs of Cleveland) on Thursday, August 23rd 2012. Fred and Lauri Bucci will give their testimonies and then Mark will teach to potentially a largely secular audience.
- Indianapolis, IN, at the Annual Conference hosted by NANC on October 1-3, 2012. Mark will teach two workshops: 1) The Heart of Addiction and 2) Just One More: The Gambler’s Heart. Go to www.nanc.org to register!
- Florence, KY, October 12-13, 2012 at Grace Fellowship Church where Pastor Brad Bigney serves. This is one of the three weekends of Biblical Counseling and Discipleship Training. Mark is teaching on Relapse Prevention: Fruits of Repentance – 2 workshops on that one topic!
- St. Louis, MO, on Nov. 1- Nov. 3, 2012 for the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC) Regional Conference at the church where Dr. David Tyler serves – Edgemont Bible Church. The theme of the conference is “Hope and Help Through Biblical Counseling” which is also the title of one of Mark’s booklets. Mark will be presenting a pre-conference on November 1 on The Heart of Addiction, addressing sexual sin specifically. IABC believes in the total sufficiency of God’s Word and the Holy Spirit to bring transformation in the lives of people.
- Buffalo, NY, on March 14-16, 2012: Faith Fellowship is hosting an IABC regional conference that will be loaded with incredible teaching! Six tracks are being offered in the following areas: Addiction, Home Life, Biblical Womanhood, Biblical Leadership, Student Ministries, Parenting Kids. Mark will be teaching in several of those tracks (4 workshops) and doing 1 Plenary session to the entire group.
- In April of 2013, Mark is scheduled to travel to St. Petersburg in Russia AND Kemerovo, Siberia, AND Romania to train and equip PASTORS and ADDICTION MINISTRY LEADERS in a 30 hour module on addiction with OIC (Overseas Instruction in Counseling). Mark will teach 30 hours EACH time in each place so pray for his preparation time and for the Lord to sustain his energy. Funds to support this great partnership with Dr. Wayne Vanderweir of OIC are still needed. What a privilege!
- Danville, KY, at Grace Deaf Church on select weekends evenings. We will be completing their training this Fall so that this church family can reach the deaf world for Christ!
Stay tuned for more…
PREVIOUS POST in January of 2012:
1) Every Thursday night at Brook Besor Coffee Shop and Bookstore in Pell City, AL, from 6:30-8:30 pm. Fellowship at the Brook is reaching out to hurting people and offering them personal disciple-making and intimate shepherding so that they might be transformed and become disciple-makers! Go to http://www.facebook.com/thebrookbesor to find out more about Thursday nights and all of the happenings at The Brook Besor at 4204 Martin St South in Cropwell, AL, 35054.
2) Every Sunday night from 6 to 7:30 pm at Bethel Baptist Church in Moody, AL, Mark is teaching men to be spiritual leaders in the home. Anyone may attend as there is a teaching time for women and students, too, by other instructors. Cost is $15.00 for The Resolution book produced by the Courageous movie makers. www.bethelnet.com offers more information on how to get there! Class starts February 12th 2012!
3) Wednesday night for 4 weeks beginning January 25th and concluding Feb. 15, 2012 at The Church at Brook Hills in Modular 9 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. We will study the book of Jonah and discuss it.
4) At Living Hope Alliance Church in Huntsville, AL, on Saturday, February 11- 12 2012. Mark will teach a “Seminar on Biblical Counseling” on Saturday and preach on “Successful Relationships” on Sunday. Go to http://www.livinghopecma.org/ to find out more information! NOTE: This was a GREAT event and was truly a blessing to me (Mark)! Thanks to Pastor Cade and Sandi Christensen for their leadership and vision for disciple-making!
5) Mark will be the keynote speaker teaching with some outstanding teachers at “The Heart of Addiction Conference” sponsored by Biblical Nouthetic Ministries on April 27-28, 2012 in the Buffalo, New York area, under the leadership of Steve & Melanie Hammond! Location of the conference is at Central Baptist Church, 12045 Old Olean Rd, Yorkshire, NY. To register, contact (716) 353-3686 or [email protected].
Mark will also be a speaker at the 2nd Annual Celebration Banquet on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 5 pm.
Mark is preaching on Sunday, too. More details to come soon!
8) July 19-21 and August 2-4, 2012 are the dates for the annual Birmingham Counseling and Discipleship Conference. You can attend this conference to get NANC certified, learn theology and practical theology to help you in the certification process, take an Addictions Track, or complete the new Marriage and Family Track! Soon you will be able to register on this website when you see the button: Bham NANC. Stay tuned because this year’s line up of teachers is incredible featuring Brad Bigney, Bart Box, Howard Eyrich, Rick Thomas, Deric Thomas, Tim Keeter, Tim Brown, and many, many others!
Send an email to [email protected] to be added to our contact list so that you can know about future training opportunities.